How to Request Our Guide/Language Assistance Services
OSGG provides free guide/language assistance service to foreign visitors and residents who travel Osaka or other Kansai areas including Kyoto, Nara, Kobe on the following conditions;
A. Inquiry/request for our services
- 1）You are requested to make an inquiry/request by e-mail at least 10days before you start staying in Osaka.
- 2）You can find the Request Form, Guide/Language Assistance Services, on our navigation menu.(*)
- 3）Our guide coordinator will then look for an OSGGer who could be your guide and send back the outcome to you.
(*)All of your personal information will be handled as strictly restricted and used only for the following purposes: selecting your guide; providing appropriate service; and making a report to share the activity experience among OSGGers, friendly-related volunteer groups, and public organizations such as Japan National Tourism Organization, Osaka Convention & Tourism Bureau, Osaka International House Foundation, and Osaka Foundation of International Exchange.
B. Cases when we do/may not offer our service
- 1）No OSGGer is available to meet your specific request.
- 2）You do not agree to all or any of the conditions written in this page.
- 3）We are given less than 10 days to prepare for your request.
- 4）You do not stay at a hotel/accommodation in Osaka; this case does not apply if you come to Osaka on the day of the service. (Essentially, we offer our service to those who visit Osaka or to those who visit other Kansai areas while staying in Osaka.)
C. Expenses that visitors are expected to pay
Our service asks for nothing in return except for the following expenses: (*)
- 1）Public transportation for the OSGGer to travel from their home to the meeting place (for round-trip).
- 2）Cost of travel during the service
- 3）Food and refreshment during the service
- 4）Admission to facilities
- 5）Any other expenses necessary for the service
(*) 2) ～ 5) include your guide's expenses. Two or more guides are possible if you have a large group of people.
D. Other conditions
- 1）We do not provide service for any commercial purpose.
- 2）We do not provide service using a private/rented car, instead of taking a taxi/bus ride.
- 3）We do not provide service involving a night-time/overnight tour.
- 4）We do not help you make any travel arrangement to Osaka because we are no travel agents. We expect you to come to Osaka on your own.
- 5）We do not make bookings with hotels, restaurants, theaters, transportation, etc. on your behalf because they usually involve payment.
- 6）Neither OSGG nor OSGGers bear responsibility for any accident/damage during the service; carrying insurance is highly recommended.
- 1）If you have to cancel or change your plans, we truly request you to give an advance notice to our guide coordinator. We also want you to understand that our service might become unavailable in case that your plan-changing should be inconvenient to your guide.
- 2）If we fail to guide on schedule due to a sudden accident, we will try looking for a substitute whenever possible. However, a cancellation of our guide offer may occur according to the circumstances, while we are happy to give you tourism information for your smooth trip.
- 3）Refrain from posting the private information of your guide on the Web, such as name, telephone number, e-mail address, etc. without getting their prior consent.
- 4）If you stay at a non-hotel accommodation like an Airbnb, we request you to meet your guide at a prearranged destination such as a visitors' information center, a railway station, or a well-known hotel lobby. OSGG has no involvement in any of your trouble or inconvenience linked with your hotel/accommodation stay.
- 5）If an official warning of an impending heavy storm or typhoon should be issued, your guide could ask you to cancel or change the day's program.
Look for an urgent announcement if any at our front page.
- Request Form
After you've read through this page and made your concrete travel plan, then complete your Request Form.
You can get the Form by clicking this link Request Form. Please fill in the blanks and send it to us by e-mail.